Thursday, January 9, 2014

XtremeMac support - really good!






Well, I bought this XtremeMac case for my iPad mini. The fit was not perfect, I had to massage it a bit to make it snap in place. Some time ago I noticed that the corners were cracking. Man, that was annoying - I spent some 40 bucks on that case!


Regardless of what you´ve spent, this is not what you want to see:



Cracked corner - iPhone 4s, some cropping



Cracked corner - iPhone 4s, some cropping


Usually I just give up and think well, that was a bad buy, but this time I decided not to. I went to the XtremeMac website and filled out the support form. I politely asked if I could claim the cracked case under warranty. Guess what? They replied that in deed I could, and provided me with the option of either going back to the store or, if I couldn´t go back, to email them pictures of the case and the receipt and also give them a reason why I couldn´t go back to the store.

Well, I did email all those things, and soon got a reply that they are placing an order for a replacement to be sent out. Thats customer service as it´s supposed to be!



The text below has ben added as things went along, I left out dates but the result is here:



After a few days I received a confirmation mail telling me that the new case was on it's way. As said, this is customer service as it's supposed to be!

After a few weeks (!) it finally arrived, yay! I suspect the international shipping and customs delayed it. Thats out of Extrememac's control so on the bottom line I'm a satisfied customer! 

And yes, the new case is holding up just fine, I probably got a bad one the first time. Made in China... The new case they sent had a hole added for the newer iPad mini, so its obviously not from the same batch as the one I bought.

UPDATE January 2015: The new case is still holding up fine. Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Requests? Please, go ahead and leave your comment here!