Sunday, September 22, 2013

iPhone 4S + iOS7 = personal hotspot

One of the iPhones great features I use a lot is Personal Hotspot. It works so well that I settled for the Wifi-only version of the iPad mini, saving me a few bucks.

Tip: Use Personal Hotspot over USB for your computer, and over Bluetooth for your iPad. Using it over Wifi requires you to unlock the phone and go to settings/personal hotspot and have that page open while the other device searches for it. Using Bluetooth on the other hand lets you have the iPhone in your pocket or suitcase and connect to it without taking it out. Just keep Personal Hotspot and Bluetooth turned on and you´re good to go:




Bluetooth and Personal Hotspot ON - iPhone 4S
screenshot (home + on/off-button)



In fact, I think Personal Hotspot works so well that I´ve cancelled my regular Internet provider for my iMac. Again saving a few bucks. Now, this might be a little to radical for some if not most people, but given how well PH works and the fact that I´m not a heavy downloader makes this a perfect solution for me. I always have the iPhone within reach anyway, so plugging the cable is no big deal. This Blog is updated over Personal Hotspot when I´m on the iMac.

Don´t you just love clever solutions? I do. Or should that be "iDo"?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Requests? Please, go ahead and leave your comment here!